Louisiana's wild alligator season begins on the first Wednesday of September and continues for 30 days. An alligator hunter must posses alligator CITES tags to harvest alligators. These tags are issued by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries on property containing sufficient alligator habitat capable of sustaining an alligator harvest. Alligator hunters apply for alligator tags prior to the season. An alligator hunter license applicant must submit the following;
People not possessing or having permission to hunt alligators on property can harvest alligators as an alligator sport hunter while accompanied by a guide. A guide must be an alligator hunter possessing tags. Alligator Sport Hunter License cost $25 for Louisiana residents and $150 for non-residents. Below is a list of potential guides for alligator sport hunters.
- a completed alligator hunter license application form including the hunter’s information (name, dob, ss#, etc.),
- proof of property ownership (tax receipts or bill of sale) containing Parish, Township, Range, Section and acreage information,
- a map outlining the property to be hunted, and
- a landowner’s signature indicating permission for the hunter to harvest alligators on the property.
- If applicable a legal alligator hunting lease may be submitted.
Potential Guides for Alligator Sport Hunters
Provost Adventures Inc.
Chris S. Winter Sr.